Do you want to make the super delicious chicken fried rice on Blackstone griddle? Continue scrolling down this step-by-step guide to learn the ultimate recipe!
When you make chicken fried rice on a Blackstone griddle, the flavor is amplified by a factor of ten! Crispy morsels of rice, juicy pieces of chicken, and a ton of taste, all grilled outside, are unbeatable. Forget about takeout; this rice is difficult to beat! Wait no more to jump into the complete guide on this dish.
Chicken Fried Rice on Blackstone Griddle
- Vegetables (frozen or fresh)
- Green onions
- Oyster sauce
- Soy sauce
- Toasted sesame oil
- Mirin (or Shaoxing wine)
- White pepper
- Butter (optional)
- On the Blackstone grill, place the meat and onions. Cook, stir to combine, till the onions are transparent and the meat is starting to caramelize.
- Place the vegetables, onions, with meat on the Blackstone. When using veggies, heat them until they’ve thawed fully and all the liquid has disappeared. Boil until the veggies are soft if you are utilizing fresh vegetables. Slide the combination to the cooler part of the Blackstone if the veggies are thoroughly cooked, and keep it for later.
- Put the rice sauce over your cooked rice on the warmer part of the Blackstone. In a large mixing bowl, carefully combine the rice and the sauce until equally covered. Make sure the skillet is well greased for it to crisp up. If necessary, put more oil. When the rice is evenly covered with sauce, distribute it thin and evenly on the hot side of the skillet to crisp. Slide it to the colder part of the Blackstone with the vegetable combination after it has attained your wanted level of crunchiness.
- Place the scrambled eggs in the Blackstone’s heated side and mix until completely done. After the eggs have thoroughly cooked, move them to the colder part of the skillet.
- Cook till the marinated chicken is not pink in the middle anymore in your Blackstone.
- Combine all of the prepared ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Combine everything carefully and enjoy it hot.
What Kind of Rice is Used for Fried Rice?
To make chicken fried rice on your Blackstone Griddle, use the marinated chicken or long grain white rice makes it perfect. According to several griddles, the rice should be prepared in advance and then chilled or refrigerated overnight. Others believe it’s fine to prepare your fried rice with newly cooked rice.
What Is the Best Oil for Seasoning a Blackstone Griddle?
On Facebook’s Blackstone Griddle Owners group, people quarrel like cats and dogs about it. It has been happening for years, practically daily. Some people believe in the enormous capabilities of Crisco or lard to have the tasks completed, and some are rooted in their specialized ways, trusting in the amazing abilities of flax oil to make this dish — not for preparing food with it, but rather for flavoring the skillet with it.
The answer is that it makes no difference. You can use any type of oil you want and end up with the same result as everybody else that cares about their grills.
How Do You Dry Rice for Fried Rice?
Don’t worry when you don’t have any day-old rice on hand; simply head to the refrigerator. Prepare a batch of rice and stretch it out on a sheet tray in a light coating.
Refrigerate the tray for 15-20 minutes to prevent the grains from sticking together, then separate the rice into separate ziplock bags. Dry rice will be ready to fry after a couple of hours in the freezer. (Note: Thawing the rice is required before cooking.
What Is the Secret to Fried Rice?
Here are some tips for the perfect chicken fried rice dish:
- When the rice is cooked, divide it out into a thin layer. The Blackstone will help you achieve that right consistency in your chicken fried rice. To get a consistent crisp to the rice, just utilize the whole griddle area and a healthy amount of frying oil.
- The meat should come last in the cooking process. If you start cooking your meat too soon, this might burn on the cold side of the Blackstone.
- After pouring the sauce, give the rice a flavor test. Fried rice sauce is salty and sweet based on the ingredients. Try the rice after putting sauce into the dish and modify the quantity of rice sauce as needed.
Do you Cook Rice Before Frying it?
Absolutely, while cooking fried rice, you should utilize cooked rice. Ensure you don’t overcook your rice, or the fried rice will be soggy. Cook the rice until it is al dente (firm to the bite).
Can You Use Instant Rice to Make Fried Rice?
Since the quantity of rice, water, and cook time required for each variety of rice differs, instant rice cannot be used in recipes that call for other rice varieties (long-grain white, converted/parboiled, or brown).
However, Jasmine instant rice can all be used interchangeably in recipes. If your fried rice recipe calls for a bed of rice, any of this type can be prepared separately according to package guidelines.
We’ve shown you how to make chicken fried rice in this tutorial. It’s a simple dish that most people know how to make. But, with a Blackstone Griddle, you can make this dish so much better! It’s easy, fast, and will make any sad leftover chicken go down much easier. The best part about chicken fried rice on Blackstone Griddle is that it doesn’t need a lot of time or skill. Once you get the hang of using your grill, you’ll be able to make this dish quite quickly. We hope you love it as much as we do!