Chicken breast has become a popular meal, especially among people who follow a “eat clean” diet. However, if you eat too much of it, you will quickly become bored.
We give you one of the simplest Blackstone griddle chicken breast recipes to round up your meal. This recipe will teach you how to create a delicious chicken breast that takes little time to prepare. Let’s get started on learning how to make food.
Essential Ingredients And Tools For A Blackstone Griddle Chicken Breast
Here is the list of ingredients that you need to cook a chicken breast on a Blackstone griddle:
- Chicken breast: chicken without bone and skin
- Extra virgin oil: use a heat-resistant oil. Olive oil is the best choice, but you can use alternative oil such as butter, vegetable oil, or avocado oil.
- Seasoning: thyme, sea salt or kosher salt, garlic, pepper, and onion. If you do not find this seasoning, you can use some basic ingredients such as salt and pepper.
A good Blackstone griddle and surface or infrared temperature gauge are the most necessary for making this dish.
The Best Blackstone Griddle Chicken Breast Recipe
Begin by creating the marinade. To make this, whisk together all seasons recommended in the previous part, including thyme, sea salt or kosher salt, garlic, pepper, and onion.
- Next, place the chicken breast in a ramekin or a zip-top plastic bag after slicing it into strips.
- Then, souse the chicken breast in the prepared marinade for at least 30 minutes and discard any remaining marinade.
- Let’s start the grilling step by setting the Blackstone griddle to low heat (from 150° C to 200° C) and sprinkling oil over the top.
- If the Blackstone skillet is heated and ready to cook, reduce the heat. After that, place the meat and sauce on the grill.
- Turn the meat over till it is almost done.
- To make the meal more delicious, add onion, and red pepper to the Blackstone and grill for 5 minutes.
- Finally, put the grilled chicken breast in the dish and taste it.
Notable Tips When Making Blackstone Griddle Chicken Breast
Although recipes are available, some new chefs still make mistakes that make the dish not as expected. Therefore, please read our tips carefully to prepare the best word.
Avoid overcooking chicken breast on the grill, and have an oil spray bottle nearby. Because the breast lacks fat, adding just a little more oil may be necessary to prevent the chicken from becoming too dry.
The marinade should not rinse off the chicken simply because marinating chicken improves its flavor. That is why we marinate a variety of meats. Marinating the chicken breast also helps to tenderize it by disintegrating the structural fibers.
To aid in the cooking process, use the dome lid. The dome cap will help keep you out of the wind and prevent oil from splashing around.
Use a thermometer to check the skillet is at the appropriate temperature. Because you’re cooking outdoors, the degree of the Blackstone grilling surface will fluctuate depending on the weather.
Any leftover cooked chicken should be refrigerated. The storage time is up to 4 days.
Griddle Chicken Breast – FAQs
What Time And Temperature Should Chicken Be Grilled On The Blackstone Griddle?
Cooking time will vary depending on how big or small your chicken breasts are. In addition, it also depends on the heat retention quality of the slatted grill you use.
If you cook outdoors, you should use a digital thermometer to check the doneness of the chicken breasts, as celebrity chefs recommend that the dish will only taste good when it reaches 170°C at the thickest part, not high. Then, if you cook chicken breast at a higher temperature than recommended, it will dry out.
Can You Use This Recipe On A Stovetop?
Absolutely, yes. If you do not have a Blackstone griddle, you can use a stovetop as an alternative tool. But, the chicken breast will lack the taste of those done on the Blackstone griddle.
We still show you the recipe on a stovetop:
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- Cook each chicken breast for 7 to 10 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 170° C.
- Allow for a 5-minute pause before serving.
This blog’s Blackstone griddle chicken breast recipes can help you cook chicken breast quickly. The zesty marinate absorbs just the proper amount of flavor, resulting in juicy, delicious chicken, while the grilling creates a flawlessly crispy surface. Try this new dish right away, and you’ll be addicted.